- Complies with RSPO principles as a minimum
- Is traceable back to plantation by importers
- Preserves high carbon stock (HCS) forests and high conservation value (HCV) areas and does not expand on peatland
- Respects the right of indigenous and local communities to give or withhold their free, prior and informed consent (FPIC)
- Protects human rights
- Engages and supports smallholders
► The POTC is a non-competitive Coalition.
► Full members are responsible for governance of POTC’s activities in accordance with the group’s terms of reference.
► Members share a commitment to ensure that the activities of POTC are conducted in full accordance with competition law.
► All members of POTC agree that they shall not engage in any activity or conduct which could constitute a breach of competition law.
► The POTC is supported by a 3rd party, 3Keel LLP, for technical advice and project co-ordination. This includes managing confidential individual retail data.
Supported by experts
The POTC is supported by 3Keel LLP. 3Keel provide programme coordination and technical expertise to Members and Affiliates.
NGO partners – WWF and the Forest Peoples Programme – contribute to the review process and challenge POTC members to accelerate their own practices to play their part in eliminating deforestation and exploitation.